Cardiac Rehabilitation (rehab) is a medically supervised program that helps improve the health and well-being of people who have heart problems.
Rehab programs include exercise training, education on heart healthy living, and counseling to reduce stress and help you return to an active life.
Cardiac Rehab can help you:
- Recover after a heart attack or heart surgery.
- Prevent future hospital stays, heart problems, and death related to heart
- Address risk factors that can lead to Coronary Heart Disease and other Heart problems. These risk factors include High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Overweight or Obesity, Diabetes, smoking, lack of physical activity and depression and other emotional health concerns.
- Adopt healthy lifestyle changes. These changes may include following a heart healthy diet, being physically active, and learning how to manage stress.
- Improve your health and quality of life.
Your Cardiac Rehab program will be designed to meet your needs.